Sunday, August 17, 2008

Heading down South...

So I'm only a few hours away from heading down South, and I finally got this blog set up. For those who don't already know what I've been up to recently, I recently finished school and have a few months until my new postdoc job at NOAA starts. I decided to head down to South America with the hopes of finally learning Spanish, and experiencing whatever cultural and outdoor adventures I can get myself into.

My plan, if you can call it that, is pretty simple. Fly to Lima, Peru, leaving Denver August 17th. Fly back from Buenos Aires on December 5. Take backpacking gear (American backpacking -- like, the kind where you camp) and some guidebooks, and see what I can find.

I'll be posting my whereabouts as I meander around. I hope you enjoy, and I hope this will be a good distraction from work for those who are unable to make it down.

Sean

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip! Keep up the jounal!

Unknown said...

Bon Voyage!

Brian Kahn said...

Sean, enjoy your travels and I look forward to reading about your adventures. Try and start at least one or two leftist revolutions, if you have the time.

The Dude said...

Sahron and I will be going to Buenos Aires on Oct 20. if you are in the neighborhood, let's connect.

DJ Goodmea said...

Looking forward to reading your updates from my cubical.

If you do start a revolution, I will quit me job and join you!

"Simplifried" said...

Sean, Did you walk there? Whassup?

Wordprefect said...

Hmm, more comments than blog posts. I guess we could start making up stories about your trip. Let's see. Day 1. Arrive in SA. No blog. Day 2. Do some stuff. No blog. Day 3. Do more stuff. No blog. OK, we get the idea. Have fun!